The Concord Recreation Department, Town of Concord Facilities, and Town Managers Office has been working relentlessly to be able to organize a product that will allow for White Pond Beach operation to happen this summer. After evaluating the Mass.Gov guidelines for Public Beaches and our facility and staffing model, we have developed a plan to open for summer 2020. We are glad to announce that we will open the facility to Members on Saturday, June 20th. The season is currently scheduled to operate through Sunday, August 23rd, we will re-evaluate the end date as we approach based upon staff availability to prolong the season.
While we are excited to provide Concord families the opportunity to have a beach experience and the chance to be outdoors/swimming with family, we recognize that this summer will look very different. Following the guidelines here are the major changes in place for Summer 2020.
- Governor’s order for Social Distancing and Face Covering when social distancing is not possible will be in place (exception for swimming)
- Beach is available to MEMBERS only, no guests.
- Members must pre-reserve a beach location and time for their visit.
- Reservations can be done four days in advance and are limited to one per household per day.
- Each reservation will be for a specific location and time (Reservation map).
- NO walk-ins, even if there are open beach locations. Please do not show up to beach without a reservation.
- How to reserve your beach day & time for summer 2020
- Please abide by walking paths on beach, which ensures a 12 foot distance between beach towel locations.
- No physical passes will be issued in-order to reduce transaction and touch points. The beach staff will approach your reserved beach location and verbally check in all your family members.
- No swim lessons will be available this summer.
- Reservations are for White Pond members only.
- Members must legally reside at the address of the primary membership holder.
- The raft will not be available.
- COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
- White Pond Waiver
- 2020 Rules and Regulations
- Cancellations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dock and early morning swim (9:00-930/9:45) reservations are for swimming only. These locations are not for lounging and are for a one person per reservation.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK, HAVE A FEVER, ETC…
We ask that everyone is patient, kind, and understanding during this period. Please remember that many people in our community have very different feelings of what is the correct plan and what is right for themselves and their families.
Our staff will be walking around the beach and in the Guard Shack if you need ANYTHING let us know. Please remain 6 ft from our staff and wear a mask during interactions.